Canara Bank (Tanzania) Limited [CBTL] was registered under Tanzania Company Act, 2002 on 2nd November 2015. The bank started Banking Operations on 9th May 2016 with opening of Dar es Salaam branch at Plot No 16/1, Elia Complex(GF), Bibi Titi Road, Zanaki, Dar es Salaam.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancy.
PRINCIPAL OFFICER( BANC ASSURANCE)
The Principal Officer (Banc assurance) must be an experienced professional with knowledge of all matters concerning Insurance.
The incumbent will report directly to Deputy CEO and will be having primary responsibility of developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the Banc assurance business.
He or she will responsible for Insurance premium mobilization (Gross premium) both life and general insurance, marketing Insurance products, customer service/delivery systems, employee training,, annual cost/benefit analysis of existing products, preparation of detailed reports for the business development committees and related regulatory compliance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organizes, direct and control Banc assurance activities through various departments. Responsible for reconciliation of insurance premiums with insurance companies, Tracking commissions receivable from insurance companies meet the assigned targets for premium collection for both life and general Insurance
- To constantly check for fulfillment of the legal, statutory and regulatory requirements of Bank of Tanzania and Insurance Regulatory Authority and other relevant bodies,
- Responsible for the operations of the banc assurance business and be a representative of the bank in all matters of banc assurance business with regulatory authorities.
- Support and monitor the specified persons dealing with Bancassurance at branch’s in coordination with the branch managers
- Coordinate for quotations on various products from insurance companies for leads generated by branch’s and various channels. Adhere to the laid down process
- Provide reports on business development on functional areas to the Deputy CEO. Provide MIS with analysis on leads received and closed analysis.
- Work with Branch Managers and intra department including, Risk, Compliance, ICT, etc. to ensure customer delivery standards are at the highest level.
- Responsible to maintain all records for Banc assurance as specified by the insurance regulator in the Banc assurance regulations and as per the Banc assurance policy of the bank.
- Adhere to all the customer service guidelines as specified in the Banc assurance policy of the bank.
- Manage and coordinate handling of claims and customer complaints with insurance companies.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Insurance or University degree in Business, Banking, Risk Management, Law, Actuarial science, Finance or related field from a recognized institution with Certificate of proficiency in Insurance.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- At least 3 years of working experience in insurance industry.
- Excellent innovative, marketing, communication, organizing and leadership skills.
- Adheres to all the policies and procedures of the bank.
- Able to meet timelines in submission of reports and any other reports as required to be submitted
- Ability to balance long term and short-term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication, and reporting skills
- Work is diverse and involves movement to project location but also semi routine requiring major prioritization, planning and control of work.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
If you are meeting the above requirements e-mail the following:
- Covering letter clearly indicating the position,
- Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be sent only to: [email protected] not later than 10th May 2022
- Applications not following the above specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview