PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
As a Qualitative Research Specialist II you will be responsible for carrying out qualitative research activities to support Compassion’s child development programs, leadership decision-making and marketing platforms.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position that can be based in the US or in a Compassion country. Please submit resumes and application questions in English.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ’s mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse and exploitation of children.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Lead the planning and implementation of new qualitative research studies using rigorous approaches to generate reliable, timely and actionable information to stakeholders.
- Engage with stakeholders, undertake literature reviews and country-level contextualization, sample and participant selection, qualitative methodology development, in-depth analysis using the necessary data analysis tools (e.g., computer-based text analysis and qualitative analysis software), report writing and presentation to multiple audiences and forums.
- Advise program managers, field office staff and organizational leadership on relevant programmatic issues when requested and through contribution to and/or leadership of multi-departmental project, creative thinking and analysis teams.
- Interface with other Compassion departments and individuals who collect information and data to minimize duplication of effort, build cooperation and support the growth of quality information gathering across the organization.
- Present research findings to audiences to engage non-research staff in research results.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Monitoring & Evaluation, Economics, Psychology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Anthropology, Social Science or related discipline.
- Recent hands-on research experience conducting qualitative research studies and/or in cross-cultural settings that include child and/or community development, social development, poverty alleviation, public health, or similar.
- Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and work in international cross-cultural settings.
- Proficiency in Qualitative Data Collection and Approaches, including administering questionnaires, key informant interviews, and facilitating group discussions.
- Proficiency in Qualitative Data Analysis, including creating codebooks, coding/theming data, narrative analysis, experience in one or more qualitative analysis software package (NVIVO preferred).
- Excellent and creative communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b)-retirement fund in addition to your salary, excellent health-care coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth opportunities: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Working Environment: Remote, work from home.
Physical Demands: International travel to remote locations with potentially hazardous and challenging conditions.
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule.