The FEGGE project aims to improve economic prosperity of female and male feminist SMEs and small entrepreneurs (SEs), promoting gender equality and climate-smart business in the dryland regions of Tanzania, using a feminist business approach to an improved and gender-equitable business environment.
The Project Officer will provide support and coordination for the effective management of the project, including administrative facilitation, compilation and reporting and follow up of assigned project components.
- Project Development, Planning and Implementation
- Draft necessary documents concerning project, planning and implementation
- Undertake day to day support of project activities, efficient use of resources.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities, including the Technical and Steering Committees team, meetings etc.
- Follow up with timeliness and quality of the reports
- Coordinate with project team on agenda items and planned field activities
- B. Information Gathering , Analysis and Reporting
- Support in all aspects of planning, implementation, analysis and reporting on the project operation as appropriate.
- Facilitate regular flow of information and disseminate information as required.
- Support the field teams with implementing / operational partners linkages
- Support the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Assist in write up, editing and compilation of reports in coordination with Management team/as directed
- Capacity Building & Technical Assistance
- Support the organization of workshops, forums and activities,
- Coordinate general office security and daily administrative issues
- General Administrative support
- Support partnerships with stakeholders ( NGOs, government and donors).
- Perform other duties related to the project as assigned by management.
- Provide support to the management team on issues delegated.
- University degree, in economic development, Agri processing/Agri finance/Environment and Climate Change/Gender (Any one or more of these fields)
- Proven track record of at least 2 years’ experience in international development, local economic development, and/or the private sector.
- Experience in Logistical support and Administration..
- Good IT skills and ability to organise data, reports and e-filing.
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal and communication abilities and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fluid and dynamic environment and to adopt to new challenges.
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values and goals.
To apply, please send your current Curriculum Vitae, with at least three references including current e-mail and telephone contacts, with a cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience.
Deadline: 10th May 2022
Send your application to Human Resources at the following email address [email protected]
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.