Tanzania Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical Workers Union (TMDPWU) is a registered Trade Union since 2013 and is looking for an Office Administrator who will be in-charge of coordinating Union’s administration system and general workflows.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: General Secretary of the Union
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the administrative, operations and financial support of the Union.
- Launch/lnauguration of new TMDPWU Branches across Tanzania in collaboration with Executive Committee.
- Working with Executive Committee to recruit and mobilize new members
- Coordinating schedules, arranging meetings, distributing memos and reports and ensuring that every member is kept current of necessary Union news and information
- Organize the Unions annual events such as AGMs, Workers’ Day (Mei-Mosi) and other Festivals as required by constitution in collaboration to Executive committee.
- In consultation to General Secretary, attend and organize internal and external meetings whenever necessary.
- Occasionally traveling off-site to deliver reports or files to TMDPWU Branches and related offices.
- To strengthen collaboration of TMDPWU with other Trade Unions.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of files and filing systems.
- Organizing the workplace so that the workflow is streamlined and monitoring daily activities
- Establish and maintain relations and communication with stakeholders
- Overseeing Strategic Plan, Monitoring and Evaluation of the action plan, overseeing daily operations.
- In consultation to Executive Committee, handling Union’s finances, especially in accounts payable/receivables, and Generating annual workflow finances
- Ensure Office is well equipped and office assets are aptly used.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in an appropriate and cost-effective manner
- Perform any other duty as directed by Executive Committee.
- A Tanzanian with not more than AO years of age.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Statistics, Economics, Education or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Applicants attended a training in Labour Laws will have an added advantage.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven administrative experience.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Have 3 years of work experience.
- Possess valid driving license
22 April 2022
Applicants are advised to send their application letters with two (2) names of referees, CVs, relevant certificates and contacts through [email protected].
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for Interview