We are looking for an energetic person who is excited to join our creative and dedicated team of media and development practitioners and facilitators of organizational learning.
UZIKWASA is a learning organization and candidates are expected to participate in team events for self-development and organizational learning.
UZIKWASA’s complex monitoring system integrates process monitoring with continuous impact tracking. it includes a variety of data from case studies and testimonies to gender violence data and media-related audience data.
The MERL officer is expected to make significant contributions to the dynamic MERL system including the development of results frameworks and development of monitoring tools.
S/he will ensure regular collection of monitoring data and enter all relevant information in the Monitoring database. S/he will provide feedback to the program team and contribute to weekly team learning and reflection meetings about the implementation progress.
- Ensure timely submission of activity reports and review for quality of information and completeness
- Maintain an updated monitoring database including an updated database of testimonies of change from local stakeholders, partners, and members of the team
- Be conversant with the organization’s result framework and the tools used to track implementation progress.
- Review data collection tools and management systems for continuous relevance and develop solutions to share with management and program team where necessary
- Provide support to relevant local government structures in record-keeping on gender-based violence and violence against children.
- Ensure that radio monitoring data are documented by radio presenters and shared.
- Adhere to professional ethics with regards to various research activities in collaboration with the program and radio team and ensure the development and use of appropriate feedback mechanisms/systems from the community by using the radio
- Write quality M&E reports supported by other members of the team and actively participate in program report writing.
- Maintain effective partnerships with community members involved in M&E activities as well as collaborators and NGO partners
Competencies: The candidate is a flexible team member, open to providing and receiving feedback and facilitating critical and constructive output reviews.
S/he is humble and ready to learn new concepts and willing to undergo processes of self-reflection for personal development. S/he is able to adapt to a reflective learning environment.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least three years of experience with program monitoring
- Degree in information management, project planning, and management, or similar qualification
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in windows, excel, and quantitative data analysis
- Experience in qualitative or quantitative research is of added advantage.
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Kiswahili
UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Submit your C.V, an application letter describing your experience related to the job (1 page), and two reference letters to the Human Resource Manager, UZIKWASA P.O Box 1, Pangani, or to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: May 20th, 2022