Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Senior Agronomist, Tanzania
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Senior Agronomist for an anticipated agriculture Activity in Tanzania funded by USAID. The program is anticipated to start in 2022 and this position is envisioned to be based in Tanzania.
The Senior Agronomist will implement agricultural production methodologies for value chains using the best available technologies at the local and regional level. They will map out their zone of intervention in terms of value chain actors, opportunities, and constraints to local level growth and work with other team members to devise a tailored strategy.
- Employ the appropriate technical strategies and methodologies to achieve maximum agronomic benefits toward short- and long-term project goals
- Encourage inter-firm relationships that enhance value chain performance between trading partners
- Provide technical assistance and training in GAPS, PHHH, inputs and equipment to farm businesses, farmer organizations, and other value chain actors
- Identify specific supply chain opportunities within area of operation, document their status and intervention needs, and adopt the most appropriate measure to make them effective and efficient
- Closely monitor the performance of assigned actors and documents (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the Program’s M&E framework
- Participate with regional office staff in the annual work plan process
- Support the tracking and analysis of project indicators and other useful statistics to prepare timely, quality periodic reports using the recommended formats and communication channels
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agronomy, or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- 8 years of experience in agriculture or horticulture development programs, preferably in Tanzania.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in agricultural engineering equipment and methods.
- Experience working in or providing capacity building services to the private sector is desired.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.