PROCUREMENT OFFICER(1 Post)
LOCATION: MDH HEAD OFFICE
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
This is an immediate assistant to the Procurement Manager and will be a good link between Staff and Procurement Manager who is focusing on procurement and user departments as well as vendors.
A procurement Officer is responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers and negotiating contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure regular service and maintenance contracts for all office equipment.
- Assist in Preparation of all supplies and service contracts.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the preparation of procurement reports such as procurement plan, commitment report, undelivered goods and services report, tax exemption report and other reports prescribed by management.
- Assist the establishment of required procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Analyze market condition for present and future pricing, availability and capacity of goods and services.
- Assist to Interview, identify and qualify new vendors /suppliers in order to secure more cost effective source of products and service
- Prepare and deliver purchasing inventory reports, bids proposals requirement documentation and tender documents.
- Work closely with finance department by providing information on Asset Register for MDH.
- Assist in out sourcing and identifying international vendors /suppliers for all supplies that cannot be found in the country.
- Oversee custom clearance and communicate with international vendors regarding the required documents for the custom clearance of Goods.
- Applying for tax exemption for goods and services as per country and donor requirements
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration, Finance /Accounting with logistics and procurement background or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Procurement, Logistics and Management.
- Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP) by the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) will be an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with PEPFAR and other donors’ rules and regulations.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of contract management.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Very well developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken) in both English and Kiswahili languages.
- Must be a Computer Literate – Conversant with Microsoft Office, ie: Word, Excel and Power Point.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 13th May 2022, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected].
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates