All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Supervise latrine construction activities in the camp and ensure that they are performed effectively so as to meet the set standards.
- Collect and Collate data from the field in line with latrine construction and prepare regular reports on activities implemented.
- Conduct daily assessment and supervision of latrine material distribution from the warehouses to the beneficiaries with the help of the distribution supervisor to ensure only quality and right material is issued.
- Work with the team and come up with innovative designs for latrine construction.
- Request materials for distribution with the help of WASH Assistant (Sanitation)
- Provide latrine construction trainings and assessment to the construction team through the masons on a regular basis to ensure only qualified persons are given these responsibilities.
- Assist the WASH Officer in providing technical support in the development of NRC’s sanitation programming on latrine construction and maintenance.
- Supervise and ensure fabrication of quality and durable latrine slabs.
- Conduct post construction inspection of the already constructed latrines before issuance of completion certificates.
- Organize and conduct community mobilization through the WASH committees and community leaders and have an awareness creation on latrine allocation and distribution of the targeted communities and schools using appropriate participatory methodologies
- Maintain a daily reporting schedule for all latrine activities including the issuance of materials and slabs.
- Assist and coordinate with the other sister sectors in the implementation of project services.
- Conduct any other duty as may be assigned by the WASH Officer (Sanitation and Solid Waste Management).
- Coordinating activities and resolving any disputes which may arise on the job site.
- Evaluating workmanship and quality of work done
- Technical background in Construction Engineering Minimum of Trade test in Carpentry and/or Masonry or similar relevant discipline. With not less than 2 years working experience
- Proven practical knowledge in the planning and execution of WASH Program in a humanitarian and development program
- Experience in undertaking hygiene promotion activities and construction of latrines will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups.
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; fluency in Kiswahili is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of disadvantaged populations (minority groups).
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming.
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Duty station: Nyarugusu
Duration and type of contract: 7months (with possibility of extension)
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 May 2022.