Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction.
Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The M- mama program has been designed to contribute to the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality through health system improvement and innovative emergency transportation system (EmTS) to strengthen referrals and linkages to services.
Pathfinder International Tanzania and Touch foundation with support from Vodafone foundation will implement the program in collaboration with the Government.
The Government of Tanzania has approved the expansion of the program nationwide. The positions will be stationed in the following regions of Tanzania: Shinyanga, Morogoro, Lindi, Mara, Simiyu, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida, Tanga, Pwani, Dar es salaam, Ruvuma, Mtwara, Zanzibar, Kagera, Mwanza, Geita, Kigoma, Tabora, Katavi, Rukwa, Mbeya, Songwe, Iringa and Njombe.
Ensures that assigned vehicles are properly driven and maintained to effectively support implementation of program activities at the local level. Provides back up support to Administration. This job reports to the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
Key Outcomes and Requirements:
- Vehicle Operations: Drives assigned Pathfinder vehicles to authorized areas while adhering to Pathfinder and local regulations.
- Vehicle Safety and Security: Ensures that designated vehicles are fully operational, licensed and insured as required by Ensures that designated vehicles are well maintained and are serviced appropriately. Ensures that all passengers are securely belted up before embarking on any trip. Reports any accident or defect of the vehicle to the supervisor of record.
- Daily Pre-Checks: Conducts daily pre-inspection tests on the assigned vehicle, including oil level, water levels, tire pressure, brake fluid level and the
- Vehicle Mileage Records: Accurately records mileage in the log Submits monthly mileage summary to Finance.
- Courier Services: Delivers mail using assigned
- Inventory Coordination: Loads and unloads vehicle with supplies. Sets and arranges supplies in store
- Travel Required (at least 75% as part of the job)
- Uses cellular and desk phone: laptop or desktop computer; assigned vehicles
- May perform other job outcomes specific to logistics or data collection
- Completion of First Aid training
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver License types A, B, C, D, E are required.
- Must have ability to drive the assigned vehicles
- 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Must be able to see 20/20 with corrective lenses if necessary
- Certificate in Good Conduct
- Basic written and oral English skills
Preferred Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience with NGO work
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Motor Safety Regulations: Proven ability to drive vehicles safely and securely according to country and local specific regulations
- Vehicle Maintenance: Proven ability to check vehicles to ensure they are operational, road worthy and safe.
- Record Keeping: Advanced knowledge of completing required logs for mileage traveled in assigned
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation.
Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations. By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for. The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, offer and contract will be subject to the donor’s approval.
The closing date to send your application is Friday 13th May at 05:00pm.
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation.
We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations.
This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By submitting an application, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.