Under the supervision of the Information, Communication & Technology (ICT) Manager the Regional Linux Servers Administrator will oversee administering and maintaining the Linux installations for UCSF Global Strategic Information (GSI) Projects in Tanzania, Namibia, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Cambodia, USA and Jamaica. The specific roles will be:
Roles and responsibilities:
• Designing and maintaining critical infrastructure for GSI systems. Coordinate with compliance specialists to document, isolate, and resolve any breech in server security.
• Technical advisory on specific solutions based on requirements for each country server needs.
• General Linux server administration and management
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers.
• Manage and implement best security practices including encryption on Linux servers.
• Always be aware of newly discovered server, infrastructural or system vulnerabilities and plan for immediate remedies.
• Ensure high server availability and continuously review and implement redundancy plans
• Install software and databases services required on the servers e.g. NGIX, APACHE, TOMCAT, DJANGO, MySQL etc.
• Manage users, permissions, and secure access to the systems.
• Proactively monitor system performance, log faults, analyze and resolve performance exceptions and document solutions.
• Work with HIS developers and other constituents for server capacity planning.
• Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the server environment.
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
• Document and maintain SOPs for server management.
• Support international projects through close coordination with local teams, on-site travel, and capacity building as needed.
• Maintain inventory of all server and software installations done for each country and ensure timely upgrades and decommissioning of servers and resources.
• Assist the ICT manager in maintaining Windows servers, Microsoft SQL servers and Power BI servers.
• Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor
The Person Minimum requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field with sufficient training in server administration disciplines
• At least four years of working experience managing multiple Linux servers or a server firm.
• Demonstrable expertise in securing Linux servers
• Demonstrable experience in server diagnostics and troubleshooting
We offer an attractive package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Email your CV and application letter to [email protected] Only electronic CV’s will be accepted