The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Inventory Manager as shown below:
INVENTORY MANAGER – (1 POSITION)
- Responsible to supervise day to day operations of all warehouses and Supply Centers.
- To lead, guide and coach warehouse team (Stock Controllers, Receiving, Dispatch, Documentation Team)
- To ensure timely processing of all receiving and dispatch documents to Finance Dept for payment.
- Communicate and liaise with end users, internal team and senior management regarding inventory matters.
- Develop systems, processes and control for the checks of stock levels, develop Economic Order Quantities (EOO) and reorder levels.
- Regular Monitoring of critical supplies stocks and their inventory.
- Monitor and analyze the stock days and work on reducing Holding Stocks days.
- Supervise Perpetual Stock-takes for all supplies in Warehouse and Supply Centers.
- Ensure receiving of temperature-controlled supplies and monitor their proper storage.
- Ensure all requirement of Joint Commission International related to storage and warehouse is fulfilled.
- Analyze to minimize obsolete stocks and Near Expiry stocks, coordinate with Users for liquidation and report to management promptly.
- Supervise Consignment Stocks and check proper recording and its consumption with the invoice.
- Analyze slow moving and nonmoving supplies and closely coordinate with users for liquidation.
- Coordinate with TMDA and Other authorities for disposing off supplies in proper manner.
- Develop reports for the reconciliations between inventory in systems and physical locations through physical verifications.
- Bring in effective controls, processes related to inventory issuances and their charging to general ledger.
- Coordinate with IT Dept to automate the reports and process.
- Initiate and review regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from Tanzania or International renowned Universities.
- Should have registration with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in Warehouse Management and Inventory Logistics preferably in healthcare organization and 1 of which should be in managerial role.
- Attendance of specialized courses and experience of attending international symposiums and workshops will be an added advantage.
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management.
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Excellent people management, interpersonal, leadership and delegation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good commend on MS Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management, presentation and organizational skills.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 8TH May, 2022.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field.
AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles.
We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.