The incumbent will report directly to Head of Human Resources and will be ensuring excellence within the HR function and delivering innovative people solutions to business challenges through providing a competitive human capital advantage for the company to achieve its objectives.
Also providing support in legal matters through providing legal advice and support to the Bank and its various departments on all matters, to ensure the efficient and proper perfection of all Bank securities, to liaise with external legal counsel on all matters affecting the Bank and assist the Company Secretary in the statutory duties for the Bank.
key Roles & Responsibilities
• Formulates and executes the HR strategy, policy, plans and objectives working closely with the Management and Heads of Departments.
• Meeting Company’s business needs including identifying, recruiting and retaining key talent to inform succession and business expansion plans, organization effectiveness, staff engagement and productivity;
• Provide effective manpower control, recruitment and training programs in order to ensure that the quality of HR is maintained at optimum level and contributes to the successful achievement of business objectives;
• Manages policies, processes and procedures that will guarantee the business of a healthy workforce (including employee wellness program) and productivity;
• Keeps abreast of the trends in labour laws and practices to ensure compliance and adoption of best practice;
• Handling Disciplinary matters
• Managing performance of employees in the Bank
• Payroll administration
• Carry out duties related to the company secretarial and corporate administration of the Company
• Provide general legal advice to all bank departments
• Analyze and provide legal advice to business units in structuring financing and other business deals, advising on the security structures for the different arrangements.
• Continuous review of the Bank’s standard documents/forms and existing security documents to ensure compliance with current legislation and other changes in the regulatory environment
• General administrative duties.
• Bachelor degree from a recognized accredited university.
• Admission as Advocate of the High Court.
• experience & competencies required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR and legal practice at a reputable institution.
• Sound working knowledge and understanding of all labor regulations and practices.
• Knowledge of laws governing employment and best-in-class HR practices
If you are meeting the above requirements e-mail the following:Covering letter clearly indicating the position, Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications
All applications must be sent only to; [email protected]
Applications not following the above specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview