ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Specialist – Security Technology
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Superintendent – Security Systems
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to ensure high level of Security system availability, System upgrade and redundant planning, Review system standards and ensure current systems installations and performance adhere to standard. Provide on-job training to all technicians on Security system standard as required by AGA, and ensure all tools and equipment adhere to AGA safety standards.
- A relevant qualification in Security Systems.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in Mining Industry Security technologies.
- CCTV, Alarms, Computer/IT, Electric Fence, Access Control (Maintenance, Installation), Electronics.
- Security System Planning, Networking, C Track System.
- Project Management.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Conduct training to all System Technicians on current and new security technology available.
- Ensure Systems redundancy plan schedule in place and adhere to.
- Ensure Coordination of security systems development, implementation and maintenance schedules are in place.
- Provide direction and expertise in the developing and maintenance of security systems and technology.
- Participate in and/or lead, the planning of Security systems integration projects.
- Provide integration environment technical knowledge and experience during the planning, execution, and management of integrating new applications into the existing application environment
- Enhance relationships with vendors of application software deployed in the organization to both learn about and provide feedback on their technical integration capabilities.
- Do research and make recommendations on new technology and products available in the market
- Maintain cross-function relationship with other departments the security, integrity, and functionality of the system across the business.
- Develop standards, processes, and document to support and facilitate integration and automation projects and initiatives.
- Manage Projects when required and sign off all projects to ensure AGA standard of work is adhere to.
- Manage Security systems hygiene for all administrative application systems.
- Where necessary, provide guidance to other Applications to Department members.
- Review monthly report of technicians output, systems repaired and systems offline.
- Supervise Security System inspections to ensure inspections are done weekly and reported to Systems Technical Superintendent.
- Maintain Access to all systems i.e., add or remove access users when required.
- Weekly/Monthly Gold Room, Server Room, equipment room access group log, ensuring all systems are functional.
- Take control and ensure no non-compliances to Safety Procedures.
- Promote team spirit / teamwork to increase individual efficiency and desired work output.
- Handle awkward situation or emergency without being flustered e.g., Emergency/ Crisis Management.
- Commit the best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager.
- Advise security management of any risks that may impact security system and suggest risk management strategy required.
- Demonstrate work behaviours consistent with the company Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviours, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
- Disclose timely information to manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with lesser acceptable time and resources than planned.
- CCTV, Alarms, Computer/IT, Electric Fence, Access Control (Maintenance, Installation), Electronics
- Security System Planning, Networking, Car Tracking and Fleet Management System.
- Proven technical project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of relational Security systems design and management techniques
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Extensive experience with core software applications such as Cathexis, Gallagher command center and Access control (SOFTCON)
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Specialist – Security Technology.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th April 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com