TPC Ltd is one of the best sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality.
Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacant position in the Factory Department.
POST: Shift Supervisor -Front End. (1 Post)
Reports to the Process Manager
Core Job Description:
- Supervising Front-end operations during the shift including Milling and Steam & Power generation.
- Liaise with Process shift supervisor for smooth running of the factory.
- To ensure smooth running of Front-End stations towards achieving present daily production targets.
- Crushing cane at optimum crushing rate with maximum juice extraction possible based on daily target.
- Identify Front-end technical problems during the shift and giving out technical advice to operators in order to ensure effective and efficient operation of Front-End section.
- Understand cane types & varieties and propose best possible crushing pattern in order to achieve maximum cane crushing rate with minimum factory down time.
- Arrange and supervising maintenance jobs during weekly routine maintenance and off crop.
- Maintain discipline amongst Front End workers, giving technical advice and assistance where necessary and when required.
- Ensure Safety of Front-end section team is the first priority and good hygienic practices around working stations during the shift.
- Close monitoring of all stations under Front- end section and make sure they are effectively controlled.
- Close monitoring of Milling station to achieve maximum juice extraction.
- Ensure that all operators and attendants are working as per existing Job Description (JD) and Working Instructions (Wl).
- Liaise with Process supervisor, communicate, plan and coordinate for smooth and steady running of factory to achieve optimum factory running time.
- Liaise with Steam & Power generation foreman on shift for smooth running of respective stations and make prompt intervention in case of any breakdown or something that might cause factory to stop crushing, give report to responsible Factory Management personnel.
- Produce detailed report at the end of the shift and ensure any unusual event / incident happened during the shift is reported to the Shift Register logbook (SRB).
- Report spills, leakages from various equipment’s and attend them immediately as they can contribute to sugar losses and environmental degradation.
- Ensure proper handing over during their shifts interchange.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Should demonstrate ability to work in a team and safety consciousness
- Good communication, decision making skills and ability to adopt changes.
- Ability to work in a Shift and to meet target.
Formal Secondary Education, N. V. T. C Fitter Mechanics Grade 1, bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Computer literate, at least 5 years working experience in the factory.
NOTE: Qualified Internal Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position.
They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing deadline for all applications is 30th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail:’ [email protected]