ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region.
The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1 – Coreshed
Contract type & Duration: Fixed term contract (1 Year)
Reporting to: Team Lead 2 – Coreshed
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE.
The role exists to provide labor support to the resourcing and execution team by carrying out tasks as assigned including sampling and support at site coreshed, core yard and remote coreshed for RC, DD, grab sampling and any other support activities including manual work such as core moving and sample disposals.
- At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or Certificate in Geology/mining/mineral processing from recognized institution
- A minimum of 1 year working experience on exploration or mining environment.
- Experience on geological sampling or other exploration – related fields work.
- General awareness on safety, health and environmental aspect related to exploration fields works and sampling qualities.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE rules, processes and requirements.
- Prepare sampling implements, bags and labels
- Prepare drilling pad and reclamation
- Undertake sampling of soil, trench, pit, bleg RC, DD, RAB and rock samples
- Provide required assistance on Magnetic Susceptibility determination
- Provide required assistance on Specific Gravity determination
- Carry out core photographing
- Carry out sample weighing and recording
- Undertake sample sorting and storage
- Manually move core and undertake trays labeling
- Always ensure adherence to proper housekeeping rules.
- Computer skills will be an added advantage
- Physical fitness
- Good communication skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Assistant 1 – Coreshed”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 9th May 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com