ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1 – Mechanic
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – LME / LT
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Purpose of the role is to perform and complete all task assignment safely, using correct work method and safety precautions to the required quality standard, completing task on time and effectively using the resources, given for each task. To perform and diagnostic input for maintenance of Light Vehicles and Trucks, Cranes Machines, Caterpillars machines and other Fleets.
- Minimum: VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One/ Level three in Mechanics
- Added advantage: Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Added advantage: Diploma/Full Technician in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driver’s license
- At least 2 years’ work experience as a Mechanic in the maintenance of Light Vehicles and Light Trucks and especially Mercedes Benz, Caterpillar machines, Cranes Machines and other mobile equipment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure work is conducted in a safe working practices and procedures in the LME Workshop and GGM at large and carry out work as required or directed.
- Ensure work is performed to the OEM’S requirements, and that best fitment and installation practices are adhered to and impacted to the workforce
- Conduct inspection of equipment’s for damages or defect and records findings.
- Be able to plan work before execution
- Do all the repair works accordingly.
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required-by date for work completion.
- Always maintain housekeeping standards.
- Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately.
- Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Supervisor
- Observe all safety requirements relevant to the job in hand
- Sound knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Extensive experience with the maintenance of Mercedes Benz Light Trucks, Light Vehicles, Cranes Machines, Caterpillars and other mobile equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- He / She must be physical and mentally fit and hard working
- Good in Microsoft skills
- Good communication skills.
- Valid Tanzanian driving license Class D will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
- Demonstrate good commitment to deliver
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
- Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license) Class E, D, B, F
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 – Mechanic”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 22nd April 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com