REGIONAL TB/HIV MANAGER(1 Post)
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL PROJECT MANAGER
The Regional TB/HIV Manager is a technical expert in all matters pertaining to TB/HIV programs and services. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of TB and TBHIV related interventions and services.
This includes; keeping abreast with key advances in the area of TB/HIV; translating into practice, key program, national and global priorities in Tuberculosis and HIV; as well as working with and providing substantive and technical direction and assistance to other MDH staff at supported regions and districts, key stakeholders at regional and local government authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E & reporting of TB and TBHIV services under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant activities across supported
- Provide substantive and timely input in the implementation of the Tuberculosis and TB/HIV projects, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs.
- To oversee implementation of key program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as Intensified TB case finding, TB infection control and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy – in line with national guidelines.
- To oversee needs assessment on TB programs and services and organize efforts to address these needs -; including capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/DPMs, R/DACCs and R/DTLCs.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of relevant TB data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Ensure timely collection and provision of requested information for the quarterly progress reports.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize TB/HIV data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in TB and TBHIV services; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps
- Participate in district and regional meetings and consultations to share and disseminate MDH experience and models of TB/HIV services integration and coordination.
- Assist the program and country to rollout and scale-up suitable models for TB/HIV, in collaboration with Ministries of Health, Global Fund and other stakeholders.
- Implement & manage a robust capacity building program HCPs supporting TB and TBHIV clinics; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship & on-job training in line with national guidelines.
- Supervise program staff under her/him across all supported regions and councils.
- Engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with key technical and community-based stakeholders, in TB control and TBHIV including community leaders and IPs.
- Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- Support and advise the regional project manager on all TB and TBHIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work Experience and Skills
- Medical Doctor degree with current registration from the Medical Council of
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/
- At least 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of HIV testing, ART linkage or related clinical and public health programs and
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 13th May 2022, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected].
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates