Office Admin Assistant (1) Position – Medical Teams International Tanzania
|Reports to||Human Resources Officer||Technical: NA|
|Work Days & Hours||Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week|
|Supervises||Direct: NA||Technical: NA|
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world
Supports the organization in the implementation of administrative activities including preparing supporting documents for payroll, orienting new employees, administering employee benefit programs, and overseeing other organizational activities as directed.
- Ensures the relevant HR database is up to date accurate (new hires, separation, employee leave plan)
- Maintains employee files and updates regularly
- Assists in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, such as absences, separation, new appointments, and sick leave
- Sets up interviews and issues relevant correspondences after the selection process i.e. reference/background checks
- Coordinates HR projects, meetings, and training
- Provides orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining MTI policies
- Collaborates with Human Resource Officer to post job adverts and process incoming CVs
- Provides services to employees on human resources policy, administrative procedures and employee rights and services, and any other subject involving working conditions not referred through supervisory channels
- Administers HR-related documentation such as ratio cards, progress numbers, and contracts for incentive workers agreements
- Performs various HR/administrative tasks at the camp level including organizing and maintaining information for field staff
- Implements and follow up for all HR/Administration orders and procedures in the camp levels, including staff leave plans data updates, staff attendance in the field, and follow up on staff performance reviews
- Coordinates preparation of work timesheets and ensures their signed by the relevant managers
- Provides and supports the provision of timely response to staff queries regarding benefits
- Maintains and tracks staff work-related essentials including airtime and Staff Identification Cards.
- Ensures payment on utility bills-water electricity, rent, and security in MTI Compounds both in the camps and offices.
- Coordinates to ensure office maintenance and repair needs offices are met.
- Prepares and submits incentive workers’ contracts payroll and data reports by assembling and analysing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Coordinates with cleaners and cooks to ensure office and apartment compounds are clean, food is delivered, and hygienic standards are maintained.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS Degree in Human Resources Management, Organization Psychology or related qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Administration and management an added advantage
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar or higher position.
- Experience of working with INGOs and in emergency operations/refugee camps is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of office administration and team management
- Knowledge of HR best practices and standards
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments, a quick learner, and good at thinking on your feet
- Customer service focus, detail orientation, strong organizational skills, and ability to think critically in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent oral, written, and email/telephone communication skills
- Skilled at creatively solving non-complex problems
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Strong proficiency working in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in situations that require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to be honest and foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
Tools and Equipment Used
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
- Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
- Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Office Admin Assistant”.
- Application Deadline: 25th of April 2022 at 1700HRS.
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing application, or any other fee). Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment, please contact [email protected]