GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER.
PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians.
Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country.
PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization ACT, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103 Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Provide technical support to 2nd Tier Sub award partner organizations, ensuring it comply with President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)/U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/FHI 360 rules and policies for funding and reporting requirements from inception to contract closure in accordance with grant agreements and other appropriate protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to 2nd Tier Sub award partner organizations in the development of work-plan and budget to be followed during the award contract period.
- Review work-plans and budget from 2nd Tier Sub award partner organizations to ensure compliance with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360, rules and regulations.
- Facilitate and process grant payment to 2nd Tier Sub award partners organization, obtain and record grant payment receipts.
- Receive and assess financial reports from 2nd Tier Sub award partner, ensuring compliance with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 rules and regulation.
- Upload and track processes in relation to disbursement receipts, financial reports.
- Provide guidance and facilitate partner organization capacity strengthening plans, ensuring 2nd Tier Sub award partner organizations implement programmers effectively, efficiently and sustainably.
- Prepare grant financial reports in relation to the allocated funds for 2nd Tier Sub award
- Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures.
- Support the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audit for 2nd Tier Sub award partner organizations.
- Prepare grant financial reports in relation to the allocated fund programme.
- Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures
- Track 2nd Tier Sub award partner organization grants disbursement and expenditure and provide internal reporting schedules.
- Monitor 2nd Tier Sub award partner compliance, conducts field office site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures.
- Conduct financial assessment of 2nd Tier Sub award partners, identify and mitigate risks in situations where contractual obligations may not be met.
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Ensure monitoring log for the respective 2nd Tier Sub award partner organization is updated in respect to financial information.
- Review and assess partner procurement processes to ensure purchases comply with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 policy guidelines.
- Review 2nd Tier Sub award partner records and archiving system to ensure compliance with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 policy guidelines.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures for PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 and PHSRF.
- Ensure the 2nd Tier Sub award partner organization post financial data into the ledger and maintain custody of scanned payment vouchers monthly.
- Maintain up to date assets register including undertaking annual asset inventory.
- Maintain a monitoring log in respect of financial information due from Organizations partner has enough funding at all times to implement program activities on time.
- Review and verify that partners maintain proper books of accounts, including an up-to-date register of assets as well as proper filing and archiving of financial documents
- Support the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audit of partner organizations.
Procurement and Logistics
- Review partner procurement processes and ensure that purchases comply with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 and PHSRF policy guidelines
- Liaise with procurement unit to provide sound advice on procurement actions
- Review partner records and archiving system to ensure compliance with PEPFAR/USAID/FHI360 and PHSRF policy guidelines.
- Perform other related duties and functions as requested.
|Education,||Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or equivalent qualification|
|Professional Training||Computer training in accounting software (Quick Book) and MS Word, Excel, etc.Training in human resources management and development|
|Certification/Licensing||Fully qualified accountant from recognized accountancy body CPA is an added advantage|
Job Competencies & Experience
|Competencies||High level of attention to detail and accuracyAnalytical, report writing and communication skills
Demonstrates consistency in upholding integrity, Team player ,Able to maintain confidentiality and ethics
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting software
Effective communications and interpersonal skills
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive attitude;
Remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
|Relevant Experience||At least 3 years of finance and administration experience gained from a non-profit organization handling donor funds|
|Language Requirement||Fluent in Kiswahili and English|
The PHSRF provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and if you are interested, you are encouraged to apply to: [email protected] cc [email protected]
Send CV and cover latter only. The dead line is 17th April 2022