Role purpose and Key accountabilities
- The key purpose of the Business Analyst is to ensure completeness and accuracy of the M-Pesa /GSM revenue stream.
- In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in M-Pesa/GSM revenue chain, proactive design and implementation of preventive controls and detecting anomalies.
- Regularly review and ensure that M-Pesa/GSM published tariffs are implemented accurately on Vodacom systems
- Perform quality assurance testing on key processes and systems in M-Pesa/GSM .
- Monitor for, prevent from, identify and remedy for potential errors in M-Pesa/GSM
- Perform regular reconciliation and (gap) analysis of M-Pesa/GSM revenue streams
- Monitor bill payment/collection /Invoice through multiple checks and balances in the system.
- Build predictive revenue leakage controls using machine-learning algorithms
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to design, develop and implement best MA practices to minimize revenue leakage
- Use Data Science techniques/tools to automate MA processes; Aggregate data from disparate sources used for MA analytics.
Core competencies, knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills
- Degree in at least one of the following: IT, Accounting, Technology, Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL, Python
- Knowledge of revenue assurance methodologies
- Knowledge of Data Science Tools and Languages