JOB VACANCY – TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER
Direct Reports: SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR
Location: Dar es Salaam
Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods for a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project
Minimum Educational Qualification: Desirable Diploma or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics/Procurement or relevant university degree.
|Experience||At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs or in the logistics department|
|Languages||English and Swahili.|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment.to MSF Principles
• Service Orientation
• Stress Management
- Basic knowledge on ERP system
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
- In conjunction with the supply Supervisor & Supply Manager, manages and plans the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible transport means.
- Activelly engaging with authorities like TRA & TFDA regarding importation and exportation of MSF iteams to obtain relevant permits
- Follow up the evolution of national importation regulations, share the information with line manager
- Ensure international, regional and national freight management is done according to the MSF procedures.
- Ensure all the required administrative documents of international freight are complete and coherent with the regulation.
- Prepare organization and preparation (including packing and documentation) or materials to be shipped is accordance to MSF standard and policy.
- Supervise the assessment on the transporter (prices, transporter performance, etc.) according to the time frame agreed and report the result to his/her direct supervisors.
- Communicate regularly with direct line supervisor in order to ensure good understanding of each other’s activities and priorities.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday 27th April 2022 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER” and
send to email address [email protected] or . The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in MSF office -Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.