Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d’ Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
We are searching for a stellar Bookkeeper to assist our Head of Payables in verifying invoices, scheduling payments, cash management, maintaining records, and posting transactions.
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers, match purchase orders with invoices, record office expenses
- Coordinate bank deposits and vendor payments, tally and record cash receipts, report and record accounts payable/receivable
- Auditing and monitoring inventory reports
- Maintain internal control systems
- Assist with monthly audits, reports, and liaison
- Any other duties assigned time to time by County Accountant
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge in accounting software use and administration skills, preferably Quickbooks
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on learner with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.