Tanganyika Wattle Company Limited is inviting applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for employment to fill the following vacant posts.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER -1POST
Holder of Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and registered with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Professional Engineer. Computer skills will be an added advantage plus five (5) years on similar position in big busy manufacturing Factory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely availability of spares for repairs and maintenance.
- Carries out preventive maintenance and repairs schedules for all mechanical and factory equipment’s.
- Update maintenance list on all damaged machine equipment’s.
- Prepares periodical reports on the status of repair of all machines and equipment.
- Research, design, evaluate and develop machines and tools.
- Install and maintain machines applying engineering principles.
- Work with power producing as well as power generating equipment. Generators are power producing machines. Power using machines include: refrigeration, escalators, material handling systems are some of the other power using machine that they have to work on.
- Work on water and steam operated machines and engines.
- Examine reasons of machine failure and locate exact problem. Suggest remedial measures and give repair instructions. May have to oversee production function and ensure that production is taking place as per the set standards and procedures.
- Help in training younger technicians in mechanical Engineer Knowledge and Skills .
- The Performs any other related Duties and Responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
- High analytical skills and exposure to business process improvement activities Preferably someone who has been working on factory operation experience in relevant field.
- Good communication skills, a good team player, self-driven
- Excellent time management to ensure activities are completed within turn around time
- Should posses leadership skills towards managing his/her department effectively
- Must be abreast with latest trends in mechanical engineering.
- Good knowledge of machines and tools that they will have to deal on a daily basis
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS;
- Applicants must attach an up to date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- The title of the position applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION LETTERS AND CVs SHOULD BE WIRED / HAND DELIVERED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS, The Human Resource and Admnistration Manager, Tanganyika Wattle Company Limited, Private Bag, Njombe. Email: [email protected] and cc [email protected] on or before 4.00 p.m on 15th March, 2022 (i.e. Deadline for receiving applications)