North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Underground Mechanical Trainer to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams.
You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region.
It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002.
The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of Underground machines Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules on the basis of daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
- Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
- End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
- The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
- Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost-effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees.
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired
- A relevant trade qualification in mechanical or Technical certificate from a recongnised instritute
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mechanical fitting and mobile equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated competencies in the rebuild and servicing of underground mining mobile equipment’s.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes online.
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME.
- Indicating the role title “Underground Mechanical Trainer” in the subject of your email.
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please forward applications before: 14th June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.